Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, June 3, 2010

Alemtuzemab Trial Part 2, Day 3

Today was the third and last day of infusion. After the Solumedrol steriod drip, the Alemtuzemab drip was sped up and everything went smoothly. T and I were back together in another room and neither of us had itching, which would have slowed down the drip. I'll still take Benadryl tonight in case the itching is just delayed.

The trial continues for the next year, as we are monitored with monthly research visits and quarterly doctor evaluations. Our nurse, E, said she is going to a meeting next week to find out more information about the extension trial that has been granted after the initial trial period ends. It is anticipated we will get another 3 day infusion in a year and continue monitoring. So my next visit at the research center, I should get my MRI results and find out about the extension trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment