Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Alemtuzemab Trial Part 2, Day 2

I forgot that yesterday when I met with Dr. G, he mentioned that one of my thyroid numbers came back abnormal but he wasn't concerned since the other numbers were fine. However, he suggested (more than once) that I review the results with my general doctor. Unfortunately, my GP died recently and I haven't replaced him yet.

Last night, my back started hurting like it does, and I got a headache that I thought was related. In hindsight, I can't believe I didn't connect the dots and self medicate. I went to bed and couldn't sleep. When M came to bed (very, very late) he was surprised to see me wide awake. I would have been up doing something if my head wasn't killing me. He reminded me I went through this last time, so I took a Tylenol and a Benadryl and went to the other room to toss and turn. I did manage to get some sleep.

Today's treatment went smoothly, sped up the drip a little. I got a nap while I was getting the Alemtuzemab drip. For some reason, they put me and T in different rooms, so E had to go back and forth. I'm nervous about the next side effect: itching, usually the 3rd or 4th day.

I found out that a great lady I used to know, L, works part time at the office, sounded like filing type stuff. She was our PetSmart trainer for Cassi and dog sat for us. She loved having Cassi, since Cassi is great with little dogs and she has a bunch of them. It's weird to see someone and recognize them but since you're in the wrong setting, you can't place who they are or how you know them, but as soon as I heard her name, I knew. She said her partner, M, had asked about me, and that I look better than I did back then. Apparently I was showing signs of my MS at the time, but I don't remember what, maybe balance and walking issues. I'll have to keep her on my dog sitting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment