Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nutrition resolutions

Some resolutions I can borrow or aspire to eventually!

Adam Drewnowski, director of the University of Washington Center for Obesity Research in Seattle: The true value of foods lies in the nutrients they contain and not in the nutrients they lack. I will not be intimidated into choosing bland foods that are good for me merely by being "free" of this or the other ingredient. Rather, I will select foods that are nutrient-rich as well as affordable and appealing. Such foods can be found in supermarket aisles. One caution: This may require some cooking skills. And butter.

Make a commitment to shape our lives instead of shaping our bodies.

Set aside 30 minutes on Sunday nights to comb my trove of recipes and prepare a shopping list with ingredients for two recipes that I haven't made in recent history and one that I've never made.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/05/AR2010010501428.html?wpisrc=nl_health

No comments:

Post a Comment