Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, January 17, 2014

Dogs are kids too

Since last week, Mick set up a play pen attached to Teka's kennel and the wall next to the doggie door for her space. Cassi's playpen is attached to the wall on the other side of the doggie door and then wrapped behind a bookshelf. Of course, she is still pushing it open. I've asked him to find the other kennel and duplicate Teka's side for Cassi soon.

I came home last night and they were both at the door. Dammit! It doesn't appear they "got into it" with each other but I had to look at how Teka got out. She pulled the top anchor of the playpen out of the wall. Out. of. the. wall. Now Mick has agreed we can start her on doggie Prozac...

A couple of days ago, Cassi's cone cracked open and became dangerous. Mick duct taped it and I went to Petsmart and bought a new one. A larger one too because she had figured out how to lick her wound around the cone. She's having more trouble navigating with the larger cone and I actually already caught her getting around it once, but just that once.

While I was making dinner last night, Cassi managed to get her new cone off. Snapped it open somehow. She was behaving so I let her keep it off while she was supervised. Mick came home and found the piece that had come off but decided to let her keep it off anyway.

I went to Walgreens this morning to get Teka's Prozac. They also had a prescription for Cassi for her heart murmur. I guess Mick forgot about it (he's saying he thought they weren't medicating her until after he sees the cardiologist next week).

The pharmacist said I could save some money by buying the discount plan. Since there were 2 dogs, they could use a "family" plan. It would pay for itself in the first or second visit. So I signed my dogs up for their own family discount plan. (Cassi is the primary, in case you wondered.)

It's like having kids.... #itsnotreally.

Update: Cassi's prescription was a "just in case" after all. The cardiologist said not to give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment