Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, December 15, 2012

And it's gone!

pre-surgery flowers left at my house
I had my surgery at Scottsdale Health Care Shea on Thursday to remove my faulty thyroid. Mick took me, left for work when I was called to the OR, and came back at the end of the day. He didn't miss anything too exciting. Except these awesome socks--free gift with surgery purchase!

Socks for thyroid--fair swap?
I wasn't sure I'd be able to eat so I brought my own broth and applesauce. I ate okay though. They had applesauce, canned fruit, steamed veggies, rice, chicken and salmon.
lunch
dinner
Mick's parents and my grandparents came to visit. My in-laws brought my crackers I had forgotten. BTW, I like my broth (Kitchen Basics) for cooking, but it's not so great for drinking. At least the vegetable broth, which I brought since I found it in smaller containers (so I wouldn't need a refrigerator for the carton.)

I was let go on Friday because my insurance wouldn't pay for any more nights. My calcium level had already come back up so the doctor (not mine--I haven't seen my surgeon since the surgery!) said I should be fine to go home.
"Dog friends" sent flowers to the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment