Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An extra serving, please

I got a call from N at Hope Research a couple weeks ago.  She was letting me know that Dr. G was concerned with my last blood test results and wanted me to see my endocrinologist again.  N forwarded the results to Dr. R's office and I got a call letting me know they would send me the lab request.  I got it, but kept forgetting to NOT take my Synthroid in the morning--it's almost a habit now.

Yesterday, I decided to schedule a time at the lab near my house, but not the one I went to last time.  I thought I would go to the one my husband goes to but there were two in the area and I wasn't sure which one.  So I made the appointment at the one with the earliest availability (because it's a fasting blood draw and I like to eat sometime in the morning.)  It wasn't his location.

My appointment was at 7:45 and I was on time.  Well, I signed in at 7:48, which is on time for me!  No one was at the desk.  So I waited.  Eventually, she came out of a room with a patient.  I'm pretty sure that there was only one person working in the whole office, doing the desk work and the blood draws.  When I finally got into the room, someone else came in the office, so she helped him before coming in to take my blood.

Once she came in, she took my blood, lickety-split.  (That means quick and simple, ya'll.)  She didn't think that it was difficult to find my veins at all.  Whew.  I deserve a reward!  Ground Control for a latte and oatmeal.  Scrumptiousness.  Yes, I made that word up, all on my own, but you can use it.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment