Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Agility class

Everyone keeps telling me that we are going to get rain on Saturday, when we are running at the agility trial.  Teka does not like the rain.  At all.  But we've been working on it when we can--obviously not too often, living in Phoenix.  So tonight, as I drove to class, and it rained, I thought I could work with Teka in the rain.  If they didn't cancel class.  I got to class, and it wasn't raining!

We ran a jumpers course--just jumps, with switches and crosses and distance.  We ran a couple times.  Cassi and Teka both had fun and did great, although we made some mistakes and worked them out.  There was a weird sequence that Teka did better than Cassi, but Cassi's stride is so long.  They come over a jump, and there is a jump to the right, a sharp right turn.  But they don't go over it; they have to go behind it and come over.  It's a really tight front cross, and bring around the jump.

As we finished the second round of everyone running, it started to sprinkle.  We were told we could run in the rain, and a few of us wanted to run.  It started to rain, and Teka was whining about getting wet.  I took her to the first jump, and she did it and then stood there with her tail tucked.  I acted excited and was able to coax her into running and jumping, one or two jumps at a time.  I didn't correct any mistakes, just got her running and jumping.  She did okay, but she wasn't happy about it.  And Cassi wasn't happy about NOT getting to run in the rain.  As soon as Teka was done, the class started putting the jumps away and getting their dogs to their vehicles.  I'm glad I got to run Teka in the rain.  If it rains on her this weekend, we'll just try to have some fun in the rain, but there is no way she will get Qs.

No comments:

Post a Comment