Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, March 29, 2010

My Body is a Temple

I started out reading this blog entry (found through a LinkedIn Group) and thought it was kind of hokey, but the meat of the post was intriguing. As someone with a chronic disease and long-lasting effects from major body trauma, I have trouble loving my body. In fact, since I was diagnosed with MS, I generally feel that my body has betrayed me. But I also realize that I have abilities that were not guaranteed. When the doctors told my sister in 1993 that I would probably not walk again, they were wrong, so I am constantly reminded that my body has given me something to be grateful for. I like the author's thought to "adore and adorn" the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment