Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, March 12, 2010

Eye doctor

I called and scheduled an appointment to get new contacts (needing a new prescription, of course). I did not realize I usually go to one company but made the appointment with the other that is apparently in the same mall. So I went to a new doctor. Well, I ended up going in five times (plus one to pick up the actual final contacts). First the exam, and a trial pair for my left eye astigmatism. Then a new pair because that was really uncomfortable and my eye was goopy the whole time I tried to wear that one. Then back because I realized that I couldn't see. Then back because it still wasn't right. Then I went back with my previous prescription and he gave me a pair at that prescription. So five visits to get what I had.

The issue seems to be that I just don't have clear vision in my left eye, whether from astigmatism or the previous optic neuritis (MS) issue. Unfortunately, I am left eye dominant, so I'd like to be able to see for my four day handgun course! The doctor said that I can get Lasik but it will not correct my vision any more than contacts, I just wouldn't have to wear contacts. I'm concerned about getting surgery when the doctor can't even figure out what I can or can't see. Anyway, all done for a year. I'll probably get a new eye doctor since this is so out of the way for me anyway, and more so after we move.

I got my ring back from the ring doctor today too. The prong was bent and now it's fixed and shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment