Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nissan Leaf

I want to get rid of my Volvo after we move--the maintenance is very expensive. For a while, I may drive M's car. But I saw this article about a new Nissan, the Leaf, an electric car. It is supposedly going to be offered at a reasonable price. For commuting, this may be awesome, although the range is bordering on inpractical for me. However, I got the impression from my boss recently that it may not be a problem.

The article says that production will be low to start with and they expect wait lists. I wouldn't want a first year model anyway, but this is what got me. The article says that most of the interest is coming from people driving hybrids. Um, why don't those people let the people that aren't driving hybrids buy them first? Is this going to be another conspicous green effort? So annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment