Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trial update

Today was my quarterly doctor updates. I saw Dr. M and I'm fairly certain that all my left side tests were weaker but he did not indicate any issues. Dr. G seems to think I'm doing really well and is happy that I still haven't had any episodes. He reminded me that my next infusion is in June (so I need to make sure I don't have a conflict with my out of town time.) He also highly recommends AGAINST Lasik, explaining it improves far vision but does nothing for near vision, which gets worse as you get into the 4os. Hmmm, more research needed. Everyone that tells me I should get it has not had it long and is my age or younger.

Then I headed back to the Research Center for the vitals. Almost done but she can't find my vein for the 4 vials of blood she needs from me. Let's bring in another guy to try; nope, he sticks me but doesn't get it. So we get to go to Sonora Labs to have someone else do it. (She did stop and buy me Starbucks on the way like I cared about that, I just wanted to be done.) Fortunately, there was only about a 15 minute wait there and the girl got it easily. Just weird to go to the lab and we have our own vials. Three hours of this. I can't wait (no, really, I totally can) until I have to commute across town to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment