Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, February 1, 2010

Haiti hit me

A woman from the Hope Center called me to schedule my monthly visit for my drug trial. I was surprised because Ryan calls me every month and schedules my visit and I go in and see him and he coordinates anyone else I have to see. She said she was taking over Ryan's cases, so I asked if he left. No, he was in Haiti when the earthquake hit and he died. I remember him saying that he was going to visit his sister when I last saw him, but I didn't connect that he was there then. I've only known him for seven months but this is completely throwing me off kilter. He was a young guy, too, probably mid 20's. What a shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment