Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, February 6, 2010

USDAA Agility Trial

I originally planned to only enter this trial for either Saturday or Sunday. Once I looked at the schedule, I thought only Sunday as 4 classes are offered at my level. But then someone asked me to enter pairs with her, and that's only on Saturday, so I entered both days. I decided to do 2 runs with each dog for each day. So today, Cassi and I did Pairs and Standard; then Teka and I did Standard and Snooker.

Cassi did well in Pairs (qualifying score) and Teka got a qualifying score in Standard! Cassi jumped off the table in Standard, right before the end of the judge's count, and had to redo it; she also wasted time on the weaves, but she did the fast teeter and the tire jump, so I was still happy.

Teka's Snooker was just bad, but not her fault. There was just no way to get any flow and I ended up calling her back over a jump that she couldn't take again. But she was really trying and even having some fun in her Standard run. Her weaves were slow but I snapped my fingers at each pole like a clicker and she did it. If she was doing them quickly, she would have rocked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment