Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New year, new attitude (in the news)

Business truisms: a little incomplete or even wrong, in my opinion, but love it: "if you're miserable, quit and do something else. If you're still miserable, it's you.
While talking to a professional contact on the phone today, she told me that her son is walking across the country, documenting his trip, and fundraising for MS. I was reluctant to tell her my whole story but did tell her that I'm involved in the Phoenix chapter of the NMSS and that I would send her a couple of MS bracelets.

New Year's resolutions for your career have some overlap with resolutions for the rest of your life: learn new skills, meet with your boss (substitute friends) regularly, use your network to find someone else a job, post your objectives where you'll see them and document your accomplishments.


Free concerts in Scottsdale, Sunday afternoons. Wonder what I'm doing on 2/13...

No comments:

Post a Comment