Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Agility class

Tonight was the first night for Cassi and Teka in the same class and it was course night. (whew! I had a meeting that ran late, so I was running late.) It started with a jump, lead out into a tunnel to the left, back out to the weaves, then to the right over a jump to the teeter, right over a jump and right again to the dog walk (not straight to the A frame), then back into the tunnel and out to the table. Coming off the table, it's back over the start jump, left to the chute, left again up the A-frame, front or rear cross to the tire angled to the right, then U turn to a triple jump, straight on to the double and single jumps, then U turn to another jump and wrap in between the two to the finish jump.

Cassi had trouble with the tunnel entry every time. I don't know why. Teka did once too so it may have been my position to some degree but I'm not sure that's it for Cassi. They both did the weaves beautifully. Cassi's second time through, she did a great teeter so we stopped and treated. She did the tire with hesitation. I've got to get mine set up for her training at home.

The first time I ran it with Teka, I called it tunnel--teeter--tire, so by the time I said tire, she was already going through it and I was cracking up laughing. Teka seemed to really like that--she put on the speed over those jumps on the straightaway and even went on ahead of me when I told her go-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment