Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good to Great

Good to Great (by Jim Collins) is considered a must-read in the business world.  I hear it quoted and referred to at conferences, in meetings, and in the media.  I finally listened to it and thought it was good to have "read."  The main concepts that are referred to in the business world are the Hedgehog concept and getting the "right people on the bus."  The Hedgehog concept (a quick internet search will show multiple visual versions) is the overlap area of: what you are passionate about, what drives your economic engine, and what you can be the best in the world at.  While I am glad that I listened to this (for professional reasons), I think it would be better reading the book (the audio was boringly read--did I just make that word up?).  I rate this book a "meh--take it or leave it."

No comments:

Post a Comment