Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, August 23, 2010

The Twitter Diet

I ran across this article and comments about the Twitter Diet. A man lost some weight by reporting everything he ate. It's the modern-day Weight Watchers or food journal. Don't miss the comment at the end of his article that says there is a scale that will post directly to Twitter. Say it ain't so!

I think this Twitter Diet is a cleaned-up version of the Public Humiliation Diet. Check it out; he's funny. And it leads to the funniest page about Fiber One bars, which I checked out once but decided I didn't like the ingredient list.

Anyway, I find this diet idea interesting because the best weight loss experience I have had was when I met with a "nutritionist" at the women's only gym I went to. We met weekly and I just wrote down on one piece of paper everything I ate and whatever exercise I did. The accountability really worked for me. She was also able to help me find substitutes and better alternatives rather than giving things up. Obviously I know how to lose weight since I have done it before but I haven't found it to be so easy. I gained that weight back after my diagnosis, and have tried several online "food journals" to gain the accountability, but so far none have worked. Thinking back to the program I did, I think that online programs don't work because I eat a varied diet of prepared grocery store food, restaurant food, and food I have cooked myself. The websites are a pain to use for tracking food, in my opinion.

A concern with these Diets is that I don't want to read what everyone ate everyday when I'm catching up on FB, so who wants to read about what I'm eating either. But I don't think anyone reads my blog, so maybe I should do a daily post on what I ate. I think it will be super boring, but I am going to try it for the next 6 weeks to see how it goes.

Here's my first post. I weighed 192.5 this morning. YIKES. I've been around 188-190 for quite a while. This weekend was super bad. This morning the milk was bad, so I threw it out and went to McDonald's for an egg McMuffin. I didn't eat all of the English muffin. I took my Horizon chocolate organic 2% milk-box with me. I forgot my fruit. :(

For lunch, I went to Einstein's to get a tuna sandwich but they were out of tuna so I ended up with chicken salad on a wheat bagel. It was WAY too mayonaissey. I love their tuna because it isn't and they use light mayo. Very disappointing. I got potato salad as my side (other choices were cole slaw and chips) but couldn't eat it after the chicken salad, so it's in the fridge. I also had a green iced tea.

I was getting hungry when I left work so I had a can of low-sodium V8 juice before going to the grocery store. We were having a notary come to the house with our closing documents, so I didn't want to start cooking dinner, so we had a Digiorno after she left. I had 2 pieces (of 8 as we cut a pizza) with a little ranch dressing and Parmesan cheese. I had some F&E green tea. I also had two leftover Oatmeal Scotchies.


No comments:

Post a Comment