Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, July 16, 2010

Ode to mommies

I had a different reaction to this article "Why don't friends with kids have time?" than I guess most would. This non-mom questions what stay-at-home moms do all day, that they don't have time for her. I read this and thought about something I have wondered quite often: how do the moms I know (stay-at-home or not) get so much done and I can't? It amazes me that people can mop their floor every day or go to the gym every day, or pretty much do anything every day. I can't even keep my kitchen clean from one day to the next. I'm worn out and I don't even have kids! I know the spoon theory applies to me as an MSer, but it is annoying to know that people my age are able to do so much more than I can do in a day. So why don't I have more time?!

I was at Rubio's grabbing a couple of tacos for lunch and there was a group of moms with very young kids having lunch. I have to give it up for this mother in the group. Her daughter, probably 2 or 3 years old, did that ear-piercing scream that no one thinks is cute. The mom was obviously a little embarrassed, said out loud "sorry" and talked quietly to the girl. Then the girl screamed again, and mom packed up, said her goodbyes and left. You go, mom, that is the best I have ever seen someone follow their threat! And on the way out, the girl wanted a drink out of mom's cup, so mom said no and threw it away instead of giving it to her. I wanted to tell her that was the best parenting I've seen in public in a while, but obviously she was busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment