Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, July 12, 2010

Is it all Small Stuff?

A few years ago, the author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (and it's all small stuff) died on a flight from a blood clot. His wife has written a book and another author wrote a review of it but included a link to an article that she wrote about an conversation she had with him right before his death.

....we are gifted in ways that support our destiny, and we do have control over our lives. "Bad" things happen-but it is our response that matters, how we handle our emotions. We go to great places in life, not by making huge corrections, but by implementing tiny changes in our course as a pilot would.

Like many people, I joke that I wish I wasn't so gifted, but in reality, I just don't feel that I have control and I don't like how I respond to, well, everything. Work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment