Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude

Laughter is the best medicine, they say. I had a long day that started and ended in pain, but had a good amount of pain-free-edness in between, and spent the evening laughing. Rules of Engagement and How I Met Your Mother (this week's and last) in addition to this hilarious video a friend on Facebook shared, from a Conan episode last year (Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy). And then I found the ABC's of Spoonie Thanks. At the start, I thought it wouldn't have anything for me, and there were quite a few that didn't ring my bell. However, laughter, naps, and zzzzz are easy choices. Here are my favorites:
  • Kumquats – For no reason other than it makes me giggle.
  • Obituaries – This one’s simple folks. Read them. Are you listed? If not, then be thankful you have tomorrow.
  • Pill Boxes – When you take enough pills per day to keep half of Glaxo Smith Kline’s employed for generations to come, it’s easy to confuse them. I can’t be the only one who has accidentally taken an Ambien at 8am and ended up face planted on a keyboard. Pill boxes keep the a.m. pills straight from the p.m. pills and guarantees that you won’t be face down in a puddle of your own drool at the corporate lunch meeting. [My note: I can't believe that I have pill boxes at my age.]
  • Yesterday – Because it means I made it through, am living today and looking to tomorrow. Bring. It.
I'll have to remember the Ginger Tea tip for my next infusion. I am grateful for laughter! As often and as much as possible.

Bring. It.

2 comments:

  1. I had a pill box for awhile when they couldn't figure out the thyroid and had me on meeeeelions of supplements. But now I'm down to 7 pills a day, so that's quite manageable. I need a pill box that's AM, lunch, and PM for 7 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my thyroid medicine in the bedroom so I can take it first thing. I have a separate box for my Provigil so I can take it half an hour to an hour later (before I leave the house, if I leave). And then I have my nighttime pillbox of vitamins. It helps me remember if I took my medicine tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete