Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, November 11, 2013

Whole Foods juice bar

I've been having sausages in the morning for breakfast. Usually with a sweet potato or Glutenfreeda oatmeal or Arrowhead Mills quinoa breakfast cereal. I think it is filling me up. Or I'm in a funk. I'm totally not hungry or interested in anything when lunch time rolls around.

It was already after 1 and I thought I better get something in me or I'll be starving an hour or two before I go home (then another hour or two before dinner!) So I went to the bank, thinking about where I might be able to get a cup of soup or something. And then I remembered--the new Whole Foods has a juice bar.

I generally don't like "juice" places because they are just using fruit syrups instead of real food juices and they add a lot of stuff I can't have anyway. Whole Foods juice bar is mostly green veggies, apples, herbs. No bananas or milk--smoothies are at the coffee bar. (BTW, they have alternative milks at the coffee bar. My wallet is so screwed now that I know that. At least it's a little out of my way...)

I really liked my "Doctor's orders" juice--spinach, apple, parsley, ginger, and a couple other things I can't remember now. The ginger was strong at the end though.

Update: I had the "greens" juice for dinner on my way to class and I liked it too, maybe even better. It's kale, apple, and some other stuff. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment