Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Agility class

Teka and Cassi had the same exercises tonight. The first section was a mini course with layering. There were 3 jumps leading into the right side of a curved tunnel. Coming out the other end, we turned in a circular motion to go over 3 jumps starting on the right side of the tunnel and going around the back. (Keep the arm up the entire time!) Then there were several more jumps, a quasi serpentine ending with a switch. Teka needs to work on her start line but amazed me by getting the layered jumps without any problem. She missed the last jump because I called out instead of switch. Cassi reads my body language more than Teka does, so I had more trouble getting her to the right side of the tunnel as she could see that I was heading to the other end before I even knew I was! She also did a spin after the first layered jump like she didn't know where to go; I may have been late calling the command.

Our other mini course was a curved tunnel leading to a jump, then to a perpendicular jump with a wrap to a jump on the other side of the first jump, then a wrap or switch to another jump out at a weird angle, and a wrap around the far side to bring the dog into a better line to the teeter (it seemed like you would go the other way, but then they weren't lined up), then back into the tunnel same as before and switch to a last jump. Teka did pretty well as I was figuring out what to do! Cassi was having a lot of trouble with her wraps but did the teeter just fine.

There was also a weave race setup, with a jump and 12 weave poles. Teka did well, although she missed one offside entry and missed the last pole once or twice. She really speeds up when I'm in front of her. Cassi skips the last 2 or 3 poles if I get too far in front of her, but did the send and the recall just fine. I got some encouragement from others that thought my girls (especially Teka) have really improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment