Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm not a Hoarder. Now close my pantry door.

Don't judge me, but I tend to stock (overstock?) my kitchen pretty well.  I'm sure it's residual from my childhood of non-abundance.  With my new restrictions, I have started cleaning out my pantry.  Again, since I did this when I started taking certain chemical ingredients out of my diet.  The wheat and eggs are pretty predictable, but I'm finding soy in a lot of things I didn't expect.  My canned tuna in water says vegetable broth (soybean), so I assume the tuna pouches that also say vegetable broth, without saying soybean, probably have it too.

So out goes the Nutella, the cans of chicken broth, the soup, most of the pasta and cereal.  I'm rearranging so that I can keep some items for entertaining although I can't eat it, and some items for my husband, although I can't eat it.  It's a little annoying to see all the food I have bought and can't eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment