Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, June 11, 2011

Super 8

Delorean. In Chandler, AZ.
We went with our friends to dinner (and dessert--a very tall piece of red velvet cake) at Kona, where we saw a Delorean.  Wow, I thought I was stuck in the 80s, but there was a guy taking his own photo at different angles with the car.  Move away from the flux capacitor, dude.

We headed to the movie theater and decided to see Super 8.  I had seen the trailer but my husband had no idea what it was about and our friends were just happy to be out and seeing a movie without their kids.  I have a huge celebrity crush on Kyle Chandler (of Friday Night Lights fame), who is in it along with a very talented group of young actors.  We all thought it was a good movie, with a kind of Goonies vibe, but an updated and sci-fi story line.

As the credits start to roll, the guy in front of us is talking to his daughter and her friend (maybe they were both his daughters), probably junior high age.  My husband (he's so smart and knows me so well) tells us after the guy leaves that he told his daughter "I let you pick the movie and this is the crap you pick?"  She was rubbing her eyes as they left--probably crying.  Okay, first of all, it was not a crappy movie.  Second, most parents and kids have different taste in pretty much everything.  Wait till she drags his stupid ass to a Justin Bieber concert.  Third, who does that to their kid?  And I would have totally said that to him; that is why my husband is such a smart guy--way to avoid a scene.  But wait, there's more.

So the credits are rolling and the BEST part of the movie is during the credits.  That jerk totally made those kids miss the BEST part of the movie.  It's the kind of movie I would not usually see in the theater, but I would see.  It made me want to see the Goonies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment