Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't eat the marshmallow

A long but very interesting article about delayed gratification. Essentially, it says that intelligence is important, but self-control is more important to be successful. I thought it was funny that the current researchers felt the original test could not be replicated due to kids' allergies and weird diets today. So the next time I tell your kid to wait or give them a choice along those lines, don't give me that dirty look or snide comment. (re: cookies for 5 year olds, when I said, why don't we start with one per child? and got from the parent "Like you don't have any to spare.")

No comments:

Post a Comment