Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Red Tent

A friend loves this book, so when I saw it at the library in their discard sale, I picked it up.  And then I decided to listen to it instead!  The Red Tent is historical fiction based on Dinah, the daughter of Jacob.

There were parts that I thought were hard to listen to (graphic) but the story was good, the reading was good, but I thought the very end was a little unnecessary.  The book kept my attention and made me want to read more from this author.  I understand that the author strayed from the biblical tale, but it can stand alone as a story.  I found myself thinking that it would be nice to have a few days every month to be separate from men (and taking care of men!) while hanging out with my sisters.  Jacob had four wives--and although I would not want to share my husband with another woman, I can see some benefits to multiple women taking care of the "household" duties.  I know I certainly could use a wife some most days.  I could see reading The Red Tent again and I recommend it!  (unless you need your fiction to be spot on in relation to the Bible....)

No comments:

Post a Comment